Send me their contact info, Frank, and I will stick it in Shel's repair shop list on my webpage.

frank theriault wrote:

I know I mention these guys every time someone asks "where's a good repair shop?" I'm sure everyone here's sick of me going on and on about how good they are.

Here's my latest story. Back in August of 2002, I bought my much loved Vivitar Series 1 3.8 constant aperture 24-48 zoom. The aperture was sticking, and so I brought it in to Kominek's, and they fixed it.

Last month, the problem re-occured. I brought it in, and told them that the same thing had happened over a year ago, and so I suspected (hoped?) that it was the same cause: oil on the blades.

Today, about 3 weeks after I brought it in, they called to tell me it was ready. Hmmm thinks I, they never called first with an estimate. How odd!

I asked how much, and they said "no charge". The guy on the phone said that it was repaired in August. I said, "Well, you know, I like free, but you do know that was August 2002, not August 2003?" He said, "Thanks for being honest, but we knew that, and even though it was past the warranty, we decided that the same problem shouldn't have re-occurred so quickly, so no charge to you!"

I thought I'd post this as yet another illustration of how good these guys are. I also know that when folks are peeved at service problems, they (quite rightly) bitch to the list about it. So I figure turn about is fair play. I'll compliment someone when they do good by me.

cheers,
frank

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."