----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"
Subject: KODAK TECHNICAL PAN 35MM FILM

> I just bought some kodak technical pan 35mm B&W film and
> technidol developer. Never tried this before. I want
> normal continous tone. Any tips or comments from
> previous users????  I really want to see how good my
> best lenses are and what 35mm is really capable of....

A fashion client of mine used it. I recall that I used a very dilute HC:110
(perhaps dilution F) to process it.
I could never make Technidol work for me. I found it was like cooking peas
in a microwave oven.
The stuff we were getting using HC:110 was very good indeed. Extremely fine
grain combined with excellent acutance and tonal range.
The client liked it for the extended red sensitivity, which tended to make
flesh tones better (as far as he was concerned anyway).
This was when the porcelain skin look was in fashion, and Tech Pan was very
good for that.

William Robb