Sheesh, Herb, everyone has different points of reference.  To some you may be a
rank amateur that practices far too little and couldn't make a quality print if
you sold your soul to the devil.

People have other things to do in their lives - raise a family, put bread on the
table, keep a roof over their heads, fight illness ... maybe they do take their
photography seriously, but  other things take precedence.

I thought I was a critical curmudgeon ... you take the prize!

shel