I set up the camera to use the center AF point and only focus when I
press the button on the back, too.  I learned to do that with the C----
D60. It gives me more control.  Focus, compose, shoot. Works great. For
me, I find cameras with multiple focus points don't often focus on the
point I want.

Len
 * There's no place like 127.0.0.1