Hi Sven,

on 04 Jan 04 you wrote in pentax.list:

>I still wonder, why they don't make those finders a bit larger. Would
>this really require a very large prism - or do the manufacturers just
>find it unimportant? How wonderfull if the *ist D had a ME-Super-sized
>finder image...

Yes, but the ME Super has no built in flash ;-) Those small viewfinders
are not a DSLR problem but a problem of modern SLRs with loads of
electronics and/or flash components in the prism housing. Actually you
have to buy a Nikon F100 or a comparable EOS if you want to get a modern
SLR with a "real" viewfinder.

I'm very satisfied with my *istD's viewfinder but it is also the
absolute minimum. I'm wearing glasses and maybe I would have bought a
Nikon D100 which is a great camera, too. But I wouldn't pay 1500-1800
Euro for a great camera with a viewfinder that I cannot use.

Cheers, Heiko