At 07:32 AM 4/01/2004 +0000, you wrote:

> Re the stars photo - I would love to be able to recreate photo's where the
> shutter stays open for a period of time with the starts creating almost a
> circle effect.

1. you need a tripod (or other sturdy, stable support)
2. decide on the exposure time - the longer the time the longer the trail (obvious) but also the brighter the 'background' sky and more likely the earth lights will affect it. for loooong, looooong times I would probably consider smaller apertures.
3. probably avoid moonlit nights - no moon of any size in the picture
4. for shorter times it is nice to have prominent a famous constellation. IMHO it looks good and more like a deliberate shot, rather than "ooops, it just happened".
5. for me having a silhouette of some nice landmark in the foreground does the trick. A nice tree with thick branches, lighthouse etc.

have fun bracketing and experimenting ;-)

---- (*)o(*) ---- [EMAIL PROTECTED]