Hi Bruce,

on 05 Jan 04 you wrote in pentax.list:

>Certainly an area that I am most interested in.  I am not shooting
>with the AF500FTZ.  I have the AF360FGZ and 2 AF400T's and 1 AF280T.
>Could you be a bit more specific about what your results are like?

There's a German thread on incorrect flash exposures at
http://www.digitalfotonetz.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4997&highlight=

A source at Pentax Germany has explained that there exists a problem
with the TTL-metering (I only repeat some statements of the mentioned
link): The TTL-sensor measures the light that is reflected from the
CCD's surface. But it seemes, that the reflection of the CCD differs
depending on the chosen ISO setting. The exposure will be correct only
at ISO400 as the development and testing of the TTL-measurement was
apparently made at ISO400, only.

At ISO settings below 400 the camera will under-expose, at setting above
400 it will over-expose.

This problem can probably not be solved by a firmware update as there is
no upgradeble TTL-software but some kind of hardware solution. The
problem does not exist if you use P-TTL.

I didn't try that myself (although I have an AF500FTZ I'm not a great
flash user), but maybe this informations brings some light into the
flash behaviour of the *istD.

Cheers, Heiko