Frank,

You don't have to be anyone that you aren't to do portrait photography.
I really love shooting protraits of people I know.  I try to capture an
image that defines who they are, at least in my estimation.  It's a very
satisfying thing when you capture the essence of a friend.  I never sell
or publish those images.  They are labors of love.

Len
 * There's no place like 127.0.0.1