How should the image be processed to make it look good on all (or most) screens? I don't want any blown highlights and I don't want the dark parts to loose detail either.

anders
http://anders.hultman.nu/

I think it is more important that the monitors are set to one standard. I have been to computer rooms with 20-25 monitors in there and you could see that each was set individually. (maybe, originally they were the same, but with users playing with the buttons and knobs all the time, they end up all over the shop after a short while)

So, setting your PC, monitor, scanner and printer to a standard is one thing. Setting it to match your printing lab is another and calibrating all monitors in the world is a project beyond my wildest dreams.

In the Control Panel on your computer, you will have Adobe Gamma. Probably a good point to start. We set our PC using AG, then finetuned it with the lab that does our digital printing. Now we are fine.

---- (*)o(*) ---- Robert [EMAIL PROTECTED]