Your monitor has a different look?  I still don't believe it.

If you said that the prints had a different look, and you had used three
different profiles without changing paper, I could believe it.  Printer
profiles only tell the printer how to compensate ink output for specific
papers.  The monitor appearance should never change, unless you change
the monitor's profile.  If the monitor actually changed appearance
depending on the paper being used, then how would you know what the
actual image should look like when it's correct?

I have used Photoshop 5, 6, 7 and now CS, and my printer has evolved
from an Epson 1200 to a 2200. I don't think your description of what you
are doing is accurate, or my understanding of English isn't up to the
task, or we just don't have a common core of experience.

This is my last word on the subject. Let's just treat my questions as
completely rhetorical, with no reply required. You may believe any way
that you wish, and you may act accordingly.

Len
 * There's no place like 127.0.0.1