This is a camera from the era where I had closed my eyes to Pentax (from
SF1 until *ist) because I had switched to Nikon for most of my work.
I had poo-pood this camera at first sight because it reminded me too much
of the SF1.  I have not heard ANYBODY say anything about the SF1 on this
list, and got the impression that other people also considered it one of
those family embarassments.

Make it the SF-1n and you have much more quiet winding. Also: the best finder of AF Pentax cameras (glass, not plastic), big off axis or bounce flash can be used without cable & with the pop-up for fill-in, 2 i/s winder, TTL flash. A cheap alternative to a LX + winder, plus: exposure memory, 1/125 flash sync instead of 1/75. If you look at it this way, even as a non-AF body, it is surprising what you get for the money.

Andre