Dario is right. I speculated that Asahi had planned this years before. When the K line was presented to the public in 1975, I think Asahi had already thought about an LX ("60") to be presented in 1980, the 60th anniversary of Asahi Optical.

Cheers,

Andre

I dunno. I got that off of AOHC's website... blame Dario... ;-)

Christian Skofteland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andre Langevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 6:06 PM Subject: Re: unique K2

 They must have settled on this before the 1975 KX was launched.  The
 1980 LX was probably developped over a period of at least 5 years...

Andre