From: Frits Wüthrich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 15 March 2004 7:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: *ist D Pixel Comparison Test

I ran this test using a TIF file, which is recommended, as a jpg might
cause false reporting on hot pixels which are artifacts of jpg
compression.
When shooting RAW and using the converter of Photoshop CS to create a
TIFF, I didn't find any hot pixels.
With TIF writing by the camera on the flash card directly however, I did
find hot pixels, no dead ones. I did the test with Noise Reduction (NR)
on and NR off.

        NR off  NR on
30 s    834     3
15 s    82      5
8 s     31      0
4 s     25      0
2 s     15      0
1 s     17      0
1/2 s   11      0
1/4 s   5       0
1/8 s   2       2
same results up to and including 1/4000 s (2 hot pixels with NR off and
NR on).

--
Frits Wüthrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>