I've bought the famous Pentax Zoom A 70/210 4 but i'm a little bit
disapointed because there are pincushion distortions.
When I take a picture, for exemple, of a painting, the borders are deformed.

Is it normal ? For me it's important because I do a lot of architectural
photos.

Olivier.

It is normal for a zoom. For your purposes, zooms are almost out of question. But there might be a "sweeter" spot on you zoom where distorsion is reduced, usually in the middle of the zoom range.

You should rather acquire a few primes reknown for distorsion correction: 28/3.5, a normal lens, 100/4 macro is quite good also. Maybe other can suggest other primes and, some recent zoom?

Andre