    From: "Shel Belinkoff"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 18/03/04 09:45:13
    To: "PDML"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Subject: OT: Almost ready to by a scanner

    I'm working on a long term project to scan years worth of
    B&W negatives and also plan to use the scanner for E6
    transparencies, and, to a lesser extent, color neg.  I also
    intend to make larger than 8x10 prints and feel that the
    largest pixel count is important.

    I'm very close to deciding on a Nikon 4000ppi model (I can
    never recall the model number <sigh>).  Why did those of you
    who bought one, decide it was the way to go? And for those
    who bought something else, why that, or why not the Nikon?

    My choice of the Nikon is based on it being the only scanner
    I've used and that's affordable at this time, and that I've
    heard some questionable comments about other scanners.

    shel