Maybe this observation from last weeks darkroom class may be helpfull. One of the young
ladys,who
takes nicely composed pictures,has a problem with over flash and other lighting details
with her mf
camera.
She mentioned to the instructor that she felt if she bought a digital rebel or N70,put
it
on P mode, her
results would improve dramatically.No mention of a film body in the story.
It was not until the instructor had a long talk with her about cameras,light meters
bracketing +- EV etc
did she realize there was more to cameras than a lens and a battery.(nothing a general
interst night
class would not fix)
I'm sure there are many more like this young lady out there that feel their photography
will only improve
with a digital rebel or N70(BTW i keep pluggin' Pentax but no ones a listnin')in P
mode.
Good for sales but not good for their confidence.    imnsho

Dave
                                > Perhaps they expect in two years from now to
be in another price range
> with a DSLR then $1350.
>

> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 18:11, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I seem to recall reading a post recently that said that Pentax expects
> its
> > DSLRs to outsell its film SLRs in two years.
> >
> > Are Pentax's film camera sales that bad?  I find it hard to believe
tha> t
> > a product that is currently selling for $1350 or thereabouts is going
t> o
> > outsell a product that is going for less than $350.  Where are people
> > going to come up with that spare $1000?
> >
> > The film N80 is likewise $1000 cheaper than the digital D100 that is
> > based on it, and there are several Nikon models below that, in the
$300>
> > range.  Perhaps people who are currently buying N70s for roughly $300
a> re
> > not going to buy D70s for $1000 but will buy a $300 coolpix digital
P&S>