frank theriault wrote:

<Snip>

I meant to ask you in my previous post, where exactly is this Saybrook Point? Is the Borough of Fenwick in Mass, or am I way off base, here?

The Borough of Fenwick is part of Old Saybrook CT. There are three things about it that make it interesting.

1.) Katheryn Hepburn inherited a beach "cottage" there and made it her primary home for at least 40 years. Katy's dead now but I've still
had a tourist or two ask how to find her house while I've been in the area, I must look like a local...

2.) The Borough is one of only a couple using that form of Government in Connecticut, it's mostly made up of private roads, and a Golf
Course. The light is inaccessible from land due to that fact. (The sign on the road indicates only residents and lighthouse personnel are
allowed access.

3.) It's at the mouth of the Connecticut river, the only major river on the east coast of the United States, probably North America without
a major deep water port. It makes the river relatively pristine, (the Bald Eagle capital of New England).

cheers,
frank