Not a lecture per. se. but being non political doesn't mean you shouldn't vote, you should follow Heinlein's
theory of democracy. If you can't find someone or something to vote for, you should find find someone or
something to vote against. This is quite likely a more important task. You should especially vote against anyone
forcing you to vote.

Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:

Yeah me too Bob - its a pity that neither of these parties ever come to
power! It would be very cool to see the Labour and Liberal parties "out" for
a change! Even if it were just for the "change"...

Sssssh, don't tell anyone, but I generally don't vote, too much of a
headache for me, I am SO not into politics.  No flames intended here guys -
so no lectures about my "democratic rights" etc I just prefer not to vote.
I couldn't give a toss who "controls" the country actually, cause really, I
fear, that here in Aus, all of the Polly's are a bunch of twits and I'd
prefer not to be a party to it.

What gets me is that in a country that prides itself on democracy, we are
FORCED to vote.  I don't see the democracy in that! Lucky for me (well, in
my opinion), I've managed to avoid the lectural rolls thus far.

Ok, change of subject now, this is SOOOOOOOOOOO off topic...

Hasn't the weather been nice lately.... ;-)

tan.