From: "jtainter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I rephotographed her in the shade without the flash, at f4.0. This is much
better. And this time I didn't add unsharp mask. Please suggest what else I
should do before I make some prints.

One thing you may consider is creating a second layer in Photoshop and
applying a blur to her skin. I don't have it handy but I'm sure this
technique has been covered in several of the photo mags.

If you can do a reshoot, there's a second option. If you have a 50/1.7 or
1.4 (with *istD), shoot her in open shade with that about f2 making sure to
only focus on the eyes. The majority of her skin will out of focus and
rendered pretty smoothly.

> I suppose one should always be prepared for such an occasion -- lights,
bouncers, reflectors, backdrops, and assistants, all on hand at all times.

Exactly! What were you thinking??? <g>

Mark