Very nice. I think Miranda had an action that does this automatically. It appears that it is now a full blown plug-in:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/DRI

rg

Rob Studdert wrote:

This PAW is the product of an experiment the focus of which was to preserve the colours of the sun rise and sky in the image without sacrificing all detail in its foreground.

To form the image I selectively combined two shots from a +_1 stop bracket in Photoshop. I pasted the darker image over the brightest image, registered the images (set top layer opacity temporarily to 50%) and then set about selectively erasing the areas of the darker image (good sky) with a feathered brush at 25% opacity until I came up this:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2412599&size=lg

It's not perfect but it gives me a lot of ideas for future images along the same vein particularly given that it was only hand held.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/ Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998