On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Jens Bladt wrote:
> That's right. Works great for my SONY. I hardly ever think of the "missing"
> viewfinder anymore. It works great - and even enlarges the image center for
> manual focusing.

One of my favorite things about switching from the Sony DSC-F717 to my
*ist D is that I finally get an optical viewfinder again.  The Sony
viewfinder is good for what it is, but manual focusing (even with the
zoomed center) was much harder for me than focussing the *ist D is.
The Sony viewfinder also wasn't very useful in low light (but neither
was the camera, since the max ISO was 800 and that was very noisy).

I do miss the waist angle finder function of the DSC-F717 though.  That
was very handy for many types of shots.

alex