On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Alan Chan wrote:
> >there are probably other equally plausible explanations. I share your
> >frustration.
>
> Maybe they have been in the process of replacing the FA lenses?

Pentax usually isn't full of surprises.  We heard about the DA lenses
4-6 months before they were released, and the new Baby-D was announced
almost 6 months before it will be released (with rumors coming much
earlier).

They've been eliminating or having on backorder many more FA lenses
than the number of DA lenses that they have announced.

It would be really nice to see a roadmap of what is coming, along
the lines of the one that Olympus released after the E-1 came out.

alex