Do you mean electronically? That would not work. Image stabilization can only be done mechanically, either at the lens or on the film/sensor plane.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
That seems unlikely, it would be far cheaper to just do it digitally.

--

Martin Trautmann wrote:

Hi all,

I just had a look at the Konica Maxxum 7D / Minolta Dynax 7D.

I'd wish Pentax would provide some kind of image stabilisation as these
models do.

But how does it actually work?

- how many millimeters is the sensor shifted for stabilisation?

- what's the typical mass of a sensor and the acceleration values
  of this stablilisation (e.g. compared to the stabilisation
  within the lens)

- how does it operate when you are already 'at the edge'? Does it fail to work or is it always operation on a virtually
centered object?

are all those systems working reasonably well, claming about 2-3 aperture
values gain?

How much is the current price of this function - and is it something that
can be expected for every future camera to come after e.g. the two next
years?

Regards
Martin