On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Peter Loveday wrote:

As another note, every time I've had my *istD do something odd, (...)
Half the time, re-inserting the same batteries will fix it....

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Anders Hultman replied:

Yesterday my *istD did a quite odd thing. It got stuck. The display
continued to show what it previuosly was showing, even if I turned it off
or rotated the mode dial. Quite fresh batteries. Taking them out and
re-inserting them solved it.

Sounds like the typical computer engineer solution - reboot the system.

This could easily be a software problem. Try to keep track of what was happening when the camera ('s computer) got stuck. This information enables you to:

1 - Possibly avoid those situations in the future

2 - Provide the data to Pentax so that they can take corrective action for release in later versions of the software

For some strange reason, we all (including me) expect software to always work the way the designers and programmers intended it to. Always is a long time.

Larry in Dallas (with over 3 decades of system design)

---