I am mailing Bruce Dayton two pictures from my nikon to look at, then John
Coyle wants to
see them.

I'm sure Bruce and John will carve them apart.lol

As for your question, it could be. I tried a friends 1D this summer and other
than not
really liking the
camera layout and feel,felt the images were close to what i was getting on the
Nikon.However they
seemed to have less contrast than mine even with the settings set up for auto
contrast and
i was on
Less contrast.

Dave

                                        > It's been evident from discussions
here & @
camera shops
> that each model has a differing image quality partly because
> of the changes to the physical screen in front of the sensor.
>
> So ...
> Is that the basis for some of the istD/Canon/Nikon image differences?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> C. Brendemuehl
> 'Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to
> realize that it
bears a very close resemblance to the first.'   Ronald Reagan