Thanks,Peter,Marnie and Frank for your comments.  The
snow is almost gone already, two days later! This was
a strange pic to view on my monitor (it's an HP
laptop); brightness and contrast varied widely
according to the angle of view.  I've not had a chance
to look at it on the iMac monitor at home.

Rick