My AF360FGZ became ill recently and decided to stop zooming. It's only usable at manual 24mm zoom. I took a trip to one of the local camera shops yesterday and picked up a Promaster FTD 7000M.

Oh my god, you MUST return that flash!

See, I work for a Promaster dealer, and I also own that exact same flash. First, regular TTL will not work properly with your *istD. Essentially, the flash should be firing at full power, meaning you're going to get some serious blowouts if you're too close to your subject. The reason I borrowed my Pentax rep's AF360 was because the FTD7000M just wasn't cutting it, and I wanted decent photos for my brother's wedding.

Believe it or not, you'd be better off getting a manual flash with a regular thyristor sensor than that Pro flash. So far, I have experience with three flashes: the Pro 7000M, the AF360, and an older Pentax AF280. The AF360 worked best, followed by the 280 in the two manual modes (distance-based). I haven't been happy with the 7000M since I got the digital body (it works wonderfully on film bodies, by the way). I'm relatively sure Promaster will come out with a Pentax module for their digital flashes eventually, but there's no way to know when.

John Celio

P.S.: please note, the Promaster flash is a *very good* flash, just not on a digital camera.

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.newpixel.net

AIM: Neopifex

"Hey, I'm an artist. I can do whatever I want and pretend I'm making a statement."