On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:37:38 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:

>Yet another used lens I came across: Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX macro (Pentax
>version, obviously.)
>Anybody here using it? Is it any good? I'd use it mainly for macro work,
>probably - instead of a 50mm+macro teleconverter.

I have the Sigma 105f2.8 EX Macro.  It is a very sharp lens, but it
does have a harsh bokeh which I found distracting in macro shots.  For
this reason I eventually replaced it with an FA100 f2.8, though I still
have the Sigma and plan to use it as a "bad weather" lens for
situations where I'd rather not risk the FA100.

It is easy to manual focus and nice to use.  The coating they put on
the barrel of the lens has worn a little from being taken out and put
away so often, but that doesn't affect how the lens works.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon