Mike is talking about the winder cover on the cassette side.
I have shot a few rolls without such a cover very early in my LX carreer with no problems though.

I have heard that you do not want to even try this with a Nikon F3. Hmmm, maybe I should try that with one of mine - just for argument sake.

Taking advantage of a lull,

César
Panama City, Florida

mike wilson wrote:

E.R.N. Reed wrote:

mike wilson wrote:

.... Missing covers (one of which you will _have_ to replace before use) ....

Which one -- I couldn't tell from the pictures?

ERNR
just curious

One of the winder covers is missing. On the cassette side, it states in the manual that you should avoid light falling on the hole when mounting dismounting the winder if you have film in. I would do the same with the other end, which this is.

mike