At 01:18 AM 8/12/2005, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

I did a LOT of photos with a Sony DSC-U60 last year, the fixed focal
length, 2Mpixel, ruggedized and waterproof model. It is a tremendous
amount of fun and takes a remarkably good picture. One of my
favorites was a self portrait made from under the surface of a hot
tub looking up at my boyfriend and I looking down ... If I can fish
it up, I'll post a URL.

Can't do that with a DS... :-)

You could buy a Ewa-marine housing for your *istDS. It would be good for depths a lot greater than any hot tub I have ever seen. ;-) Also, it can protect your camera from other potential dangers, such as blowing sand, spattering mud, rain, etc.

take care,
Glen