And Nguyen's nephew will be employed too, assembling Pentax's high-end P&S digicams in the new Sanyo plant.
http://www.dpreview.com/

Dario

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: No, was: New APS-C sensor from Sony!

"Lucas Rijnders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sylwester Pietrzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It seems that we could have what many have been waiting for:
http://www.adelco.it/online/company/Sony/pdf/ICX263AL.pdf
So it seems possible that *istD successor could have 10.5 MPix. Just
frame rate is slow (1.6 fps), but maybe there will be improved
version built for DSLR?

The pdf says it's created in 2001... Also see this dpreview discussion:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1000&message=9607393

The second post puts it in 2001 as well, with arguments. I didn't read the

Expect future Pentax DSLR's to have CMOS sensors, not CCD.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing