On Friday, August 12, 2005, at 12:48  PM, Cotty wrote:

I recently purchased an adapter that allows Pentax K mount lenses to be
used on Canon EOS cameras from a German eBay seller called Mr. Rolfo.
Here is a short, er long report.

Some of you may be aware that I designed and manufacture an adapter to fit Contax manual focus lenses on EOS cameras. I get requests all the time to make one for K mount to EOS, but have not done so due to the necessity of modifying the K lens by removing the aperture stop-down lever, and I don't think most of my customers would be capable of doing that without damaging the lens, and I don't really want to offer that service by mail order.

Has anyone here experimented with shortening that lever? I thought that perhaps it might be possible to shorten it enough to clear on the EOS and still work on K bodies, but haven't taken the time to do all of the measurements.

You can see what my adapter looks like here:

http://www.bobshell.com/adapter.html

Bob