Quoting Glen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On the Windows platform, what are the software options for
> converting or
> editing Pentax PEF files? Is there anything besides the Pentax
> software
> bundled with the *istDS camera, and the Camera RAW plugin for
> Photoshop?
>
> Have the details of the PEF format been published? Does anyone know
> where
> to get the details of the format?

I've been looking into this lately, mainly because I use Windows 98
and most of the commonly used RAW converters don't run on that
platform (eg.  Pentax Photo Lab 2, Photoshop CS, Elements 3, Raw
Shooter Essentials).

The ones I've found are as follows (some are better than others):

Sharp Raw
Breeze Browser
Bibble
UFRAW (free - plug-in for The Gimp and available for both Windows and
Linux)
Raw Drop (free - graphical front end for the command line converter
DCRAW)

Irfanview can be used to view PEF files

The following URL is  worth looking at (don't be mislead by the
"Linux" in its title - it's relevent for  Windows, Mac and Linux and
lists a whole range of converters).

http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

Cheers

Brian