Jens Bladt escribió:
Thanks a lot for sharing this, Dario. Very informative. And  l o a d s  of
excellent shots.
What does YMMV mean?

Sorry to hear about you bad experience with Sigma, Carlos. As you can see,
not everybody agrees on this :-).
Regards
Jens

My experience with Sigma hasn't been completely negative. The Sigma lenses I've had, or used, have ranged, optically speaking, from acceptable to good. But their electronic compatibility with Pentax AF bodies has been another thing, and their mechanical quality, also lacking. If you do some research, you will find that bad quality control issues, electronic incompatibilities, and AF problems are not uncommon among Sigma lens users. If I remember well, Mark Cassino reported that in low temperature, the iris of his EX 70-200 2.8 froze open. He compared it with the Pentax FA* 80-200 2.8, at the same low temperatures, and the Pentax didn't suffer from that problem. I have also had Tokina and Tamron AF lenses, and in my view they have been more reliable than the Sigmas I've owned or borrowed.

Regards,

Carlos