keithw wrote:
Markus Maurer wrote:

Hi Margus
thanks a lot for your solution.
Since I did not join a single lesson in chemistry, in fact, do not
understand anything about "molybden isulphide oil",
is there a more common name for that seldom fluid ;-)

A good start would be your local hardware store. Look for a lock lubricant. It's either very fine graphite or moly disulphide in an evaporating liguid. It flows all over everywhere, and then flashes off, leaving the dry lubricant inside.

Is it something like the oil we use on bycicles or sewing-machines (just a
wild guess) ;-)

greetings
Markus

One caution, it's a bugger to get off where you don't want it.
Be sparing with the application, and only put it where you need it!
The watery liquid will "wick" into threads.

keith whaley

Egads! Keep it away from your lens. Imagine that stuff wicking its way onto your aperture blades or the inner elements of your lens!