At 11:34 AM 8/16/2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

At that time, I will report back if I get stopped by someone fearing I am a
terrorist.

That is, if you are ever allowed to contact anyone outside the detention center. Remember, in the current 9-11 hysteria, you can be detained indefinitely, and you might not get a lawyer for a long time. You might not get to speak to friends and family ever again. Heck, even your lawyer might not be able to visit you in person. If he does, your conversation with him will certainly be recorded. Things aren't as fair as they used to be. <sigh>

I mean I can see why people would worry a man photographing children could be
a pedophile (although not totally unknown, it is much, much less likely a
woman would be), but surely a woman could be a terrorist too (much, much more
likely)?

Yes, there are definitely female pedophiles, and there are also females who commit sexual crimes which do not involve children. If you are in the USA, you can probably browse a list of registered "sex offenders" in your area. If your area is typical, there should definitely be some women on the list.

There are also several cases of women being terrorists. Do you remember the theatre in Moscow which was taken over by terrorists, and several people died when the place was gassed? Several of those terrorists were women. There have also been female suicide bombers in the middle east. There have also been stories of women playing a supportive role in terrorism, or acts of violence, even if they didn't participate in the violence directly.

To bring this back on topic for the list:

As for photographers, especially Pentax photographers, I can't think of a single pedophile or terrorist who's criminal "method of operation" involved taking pictures in public with a Pentax camera. Perhaps Pentax users should be exempted from all terrorist and pedophile profiles?

<Police Officer:> "It's okay mam, he's photographing those schoolchildren visiting the nuclear power plant with a Pentax camera. He couldn't possibly have bad intentions." ;-)

take care,
Glen