Thanks, for everyone's comments so far.

I should have mentioned that the city festival and concert that I *might* be photographing and *might* put on my personal web space is in the USA. Any references to laws only help if they apply here. (It's my fault for not mentioning my location earlier.)

Also, the web site is accessible to the public without any fee, passwords, etc. I won't be selling the photos. They would be on my site, to share my experience of what I consider to be a news event. They would also be on the site to demonstrate my skills with a camera, and perhaps to provide some illustration for the techniques I used to take them. (Maybe I could offer some helpful technical advice for people wanting to take pictures under similar conditions.)

take care,
Glen

At 02:27 PM 8/16/2005, Jens Bladt wrote:

William wrote:
>My understanding is that the act of photographing is fine, the act of
>publishing (this includes a website) is where you can run afoul of things.

I don't agree. You can't!

In my understanding a public website, accessible without a password or
similar, is no different from any other media, newspaper, billboard, flyer
or whatever... You can still be prosecuted for offending, slandering etc. It
has been done.

Jens Bladt