<LOL>  Great minds ... recalling that someone said that if there is a
problem with these cameras removing and replacing the bats may help.  I
took the bats out a few minutes ago, and just now tried your suggestion of
turning the camera on and pressing the shutter release.  The camera is dead
as a door stop.  No shutter release, nothing lights up ... should i assume
then that there was no juice in the storage capacitor?

Bats are back in now - nothing's changed.

Thanks for all your help ... off to Walnut Creek in a bit.

Shel