Thanks Rob, that's about what I found on these when on the ist-D.
It's nice to have the bright finder but if it won't focus for me
anyway it's no advantage.
The thing is I never had a problem wide open with the M on film.
The _good_ thing is the FA50/1.7 seems to really shine when used
on the digital.
Live and learn. I happy now and I'm sure someone will enjoy the A.

Don