To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 5:42 PM
Subject: RE: First non DSLR digicam with 10MP APS sensor- contradiction

I didn't say it didn't work, I don't understand
WHY closer is better because that increases
the incidence angle deviation from perpendicular,
which is bad, severely on the edges/corners
of the sensor.

I can understand why the lens itself is better,
it just seems that the lens/sensor interface
is much worse when the rear element is so severely
close to the sensor. Maybe this sensor is specially
designed for this lens and isnt "flat"?

jco