On 10/4/05, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Meet at 10am at Union Square - Outdoor cafe (JUAN - Where
> exactly is it?)

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.787988,-122.406889&spn=0.003947,0.006951&t=h&hl=en
http://tinyurl.com/adh6w

The satellite image from Google maps is from when the square was being
remodeled, but the cafe is precisely in the center of this map. It is
the only such place in the square, and the square is a fairly open
space, so it will be obvious. If you park at the Sutter-Stockton
garage, you'll have to walk just barely over one block to get there.

> Have some tips and ideas about shooting this venue
> presented by Shel, Godfrey and Juan.

Har!  I just walk around the people and press the shutter... :)

BTW, for those coming: If someone has a 20mm lens (whichever it is)
and want to bring it, I'd love to play with it on my istD for a little
while. Want to see if there's any 20mm other than the M20/4 that feels
small and nice to use...

The only somewhat "rare" lenses I have that I could bring are the
K24/3.5, K30/2.8 and the Industar 50/3.5 (looks great on the istD.)
And Shel, I will bring Rolling Red's FA40/2.8 pancake too if you want
to check it out.

Cheers,

Juan Buhler
http://www.jbuhler.com