Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:28:16 +0200
From: Don Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "pentax-discuss@pdml.net" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: Sigma AF 24 -70 3.5 - 5.6

Does anyone on the list have this lens?
I've been looking for a test on the web
but can't find one.

Don W
--
Dr E D F Williams
_______________________________
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams
See feature: The Cement Company from Hell
Updated: Photomicro Link -- 18 05 2005

Don,
I have this lens and it is for sale. It is not bad for a starter lens. Can't really comment on how it performs at wide open, etc. since I haven't used it much. It does have macro focusing and seemed to produce pretty good images from my *istDS. I haven't been using it since I've become an FA snob. I bought it new in a kit with the 70-300 Super Macro II. I see them on eBay all the time on Buy It Now, but most of the time for too much money. One nice thing about (or not so nice depending on how you look at it) is its lightweight. Here are a couple shots taken with it:

http://i.pbase.com/u26/sirfishalot/upload/43271566.VioletSig80.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/u26/sirfishalot/upload/43271583.MHullBldgSig80.jpg

http://k41.pbase.com/u26/sirfishalot/upload/43342636.IMGP0156copy.jpg

Hope that helps,