More importantly, what kind of lenses do they use? The really big glass you see on monopods at sporting events is Canon with image stabilization. You might get away with shooting off a monopod with the 600 at shutter speeds of 1000 or more, but it will be tricky. I've done some of that with a 400/5.6 and A2X-S converter. The hit ratio isn't great, but it's fun and some good shots are possible. I don't think the brand of monopod matters a great deal, because it's basically just helping you steady a hand held shot.
Paul