On 11/1/05, David Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you for your well considered comments Boris.
>
> You know, I went back & had a look at the shots taken from that day,
> and the very next frame was this same young man looking straight at
> me, with that same bored look, which covers almost all the points you
> raised.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/daxag
>
> I just preferred the one where he hadn't noticed me yet. I also like
> that little face in the background, but to be honest I didn't notice
> him looking at me at the time :-)

i like the first one.  in that one, he just looks bored.  in this one,
he looks uncomfortable, and one might wonder if that apparent
discomfort is because he noticed the camera, rather than mere boredom
from being in this parade.  this ambiguity dilutes what i see as the
main story of the photo.

-frank