Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

Yes, I know that. Combine the fact that I haven't liked any of the Nikon pro bodies since the F3 ... too big, too heavy, etc ... and that their mid-range bodies, aside from the FM3a, had truly awful control ergonomics, and that the D100 was more expensive than I was willing to pay when it came out.

I bought the Canon EOS-IX in 2001 after selling all my Nikon gear. I liked the size and control organization and it had a format similar to what I was going to be buying in digital bodies coming up. Moving to the 10D and then the Pentax *ist DS has been a natural thing.

Godfrey

Ironically, I found the Canon ergonomics to be truly awful. But then I loved the F90x, I could operate almost anything without moving the camera away from my eye. The later two-wheel bodies were a mild step down (I do still prefer aperture rings)

One of the nice things about the *istD and DS is how similar it is to the F80 and F75 ergonomically.

-Adam