as others have pointed out, it's parallax error that is causing the problem. some stitching programs are more sensitive to it than others. PhotoVista ignores it fairly well in the way it blends. i basically never compensate for it. other people using other tools sometimes have to be fanatical about it, getting to within 1 or 2mm of the nodal point or else see strange artifacts. that's one reason i never use the Panorama Tools-derived products. all of the ones i have tried are extremely sensitive because they don't have good blending algorithms.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Liberman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: PESO Library Pano

Rob, I see your point... But I have just one concern here... I tried to stitch few images shot with 43 Ltd. Prior to that I only used 77 Ltd or wide end of F 70-210... Apparently when I moved the 43 Ltd every so slightly I changed the relative position of some elements in the frame in such a way that stitching became geometrically impossible.