Chris Brogden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napisał / wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > okay pug-sters, anyone willing to admit that they occasionaly use
a point and
> > shoot to take photographs?
> >
> > if so, what p/s do u use and why?

Many years ago I purchased the Pentax IQ Zoom 105R (I hope I got the
name right)- mainly because it was a real bargain - and very shortly
had an opportunity to use it quite extensively: I was going to
Belgium and Holland for a one-week business trip and knew I couldn't
take a lot of equipment. It took the Pentax, the cable switch for it
(the one I bought for my Z1P) a mini tripod with a clamp and an
external, Russian light meter. I took about ten rolls of film, many
shots at night - using the clamp and the external meter (the Pentax
has B setting). I was amazed at the results since I had thought
before that p/s cameras were crap. Particularly amazing were the
night shots - at B setting the Pentax shot wide open and despite
light sources in the picture there was no ghosting or flare. I loved
that camera but sadly it was damaged beyond repair when my girlfriend
was taking pictures with it in Tunesia during a sand storm. I still
miss it.
Cheers
Jarek