On 12/1/05, Cory Papenfuss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         One thing I was hoping for that doesn't seem to be in the release
> is the linking of aperture and exposure when using K/M lenses.

[...]

Some of us had been hoping for something like that for the D in the past.

Now what would be extremely great would be if Pentax made the firmware
open source, at least for cameras they are not making anymore, like
the istD. That would create a sizeable following of geeks, would
ensure the appearance of really cool things done with their cameras,
and could only benefit Pentax--I believe greatly.

Heck, I'd even pay some money for a firmware developer kit if there was one.

Juan Buhler
http://www.jbuhler.com
photoblog at http://photoblog.jbuhler.com