This isn't the lovely LX I purchased from Shel a couple of months ago -- this is a second LX I ended up with as a result of having pursued two LX's at the same time. I can't really justify keeping one just as a backup body, though, so I'm putting the less minty one up for sale.

This is an EX- LX body in very nice shape (plastic covering still on the bottom plate) that has seen some use but works fine. The previous owner said it had been serviced sometime in 2004. No sticky mirror or other signs of problems. Only minor signs of body wear, such as the brass showing through the sharp edges on the mirror lockup button.

The included finder is the FA-1W, which has slightly lower magnification than the FA-1 (0.8-0.88 instead of 0.9), but that's due to the greater extent of diopter correction built in (-3 to +1). See http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/focusing/viewfinders/index.html for details on this finder.

Includes the SA-23 focusing screen, which is the one with the microprism circle with greater angles on the facets, optimized for use and critical focusing for lenses f/2.8 and faster.

The body includes a Grip B and two locking strap lugs. It will ship with a body cap.

ASA goes to 3200 on this body.

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/LX_front.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/LX_mount.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/LX_bottom.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/LX_prism_off.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/LX_prism.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/LX_top.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/LX_rear.jpg

Price: $400, includes shipping to addresses in the continental U.S.
Photos available on request.

If you'd like a lens with this body, I can offer deals on including an SMC-M 50mm f/1.4, an SMC-M 50mm f/1.7 or the SMC-M 35mm f/2.

Joe

--

Joe Wilensky
Editor, Cornell Chronicle