Very, very well done. Great subject, composition & execution.

Is the posting full frame?

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: PESO: Church Door (we have a winner)

Some of you may have seen this in my collection of UK vacation photos
from last summer. The Office of International Programs at Duquesne
University, where I'm currently working on my masters degree, just had a
photo contest and I won first prize with this one. I'm not sure if I get
anything besides bragging rights but what the heck, maybe it'll look
good on my resume!

http://www.robertstech.com/peso.htm

Notes:
1. Luddites rejoice! This was shot on FILM! (Pentax 645, Ilford HP5+)
2. I really do like the sepia toning, but the main reason I did it at
the time was so I could print it at home: I haven't yet mastered the art
of getting neutral monochrome reproduction out of my Epson 2200 and I
hoped that the sepia tone would hide any slight color cast. It worked -
the print looks great!
3. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the entries in the
contest. Yes, there were a lot of "vacation snapshots" and a few really
nice photos that were obviously the kind of lucky grab that we all got
from time to time before we started doing photography "seriously", but
there were several that were clearly the work of talented people. The
one I thought should have won was by someone who did "people photos" of
locals in various parts of the Caribbean. He or she had a knack for
composition, a talent for getting people to be at ease when he
photographed them and a natural eye for good light. Wish this stuff was
on line so everyone could see it.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing